For Meeting Professionals
Helping you make your event a resounding success!
Welcome meeting planners! Merge wants your event to be a spectacular success and she’ll partner with you to help you achieve your goals. She wants you to look good, and she’ll work hard so you can rest assured that your event is in good hands!
All you really need to know!
Merge is low-maintenance! Her hallmark is flexibility. We know that you have better things to do than to cater to the ego needs of the speaker. So whether it’s incorrect room set-up, lousy lighting, sound system won’t work, or seminar handouts went missing … NO PROBLEM! Just let Merge know what you need – she’ll go with the flow! She can fill in for a no-show speaker; shorten or lengthen her presentation; heck, she’s even been known to roll up her sleeves and help her clients set up the conference room! Merge’s goal is simple: to help you meet yours. All she needs is a room full of people, and she can make the magic happen!
“Merge is a meeting planner’s dream come true! She doesn’t just deliver packaging, the content is always rich. Her platform skills and subject knowledge will ensure that you get rave reviews from your attendees.”
— Vice President
Promotional Product Professionals of Canada
Nevertheless, you may need some additional information for your planning and publicity efforts. So below is information most commonly requested by our meeting partners. Chances are that if you need it, it’s probably here! But … if there’s something you need that we’ve inadvertently missed, please don’t hesitate to let us know by clicking on the Contact Us tab on the top of this page. We’ll get back to you right away!
Things you might need for your planning
- Merge’s promotional brochure (speaker one-sheet)
- Audio/visual and room-set-up requirements (A/V and room set-up requirements)
- Partial client list
Things you might need for your publicity efforts
- Biography: 80-word, 125-word, and 175-word profiles of Merge are available for your print publicity needs. For a verbal introduction (at the event), please see the next section.
- Photographs: to save photographs right click “Save Target as”
- Colour low-resolution headshot, jpg format
- Colour high-resolution headshot, jpg format
- Black-and-white headshot, jpg format
- Colour low-resolution action shot, jpg format
- Colour high-resolution action shot, jpg format
- Colour low-resolution half-body shot, jpg format
- Colour high-resolution half-body shot, jpg format
Things you might need on the day of the presentation
- Introduction: a verbal introduction suitable for use at the beginning of Merge’s presentation. Feel free to adapt it for your use.
- Pronounciation of Merge’s name: not sure how to pronounce Merge’s name? Don’t worry about it, this audio clip will help. It’s easier than it looks!
Merge’s travel requirements
For all continental North American engagements, Merge’s fees are all-inclusive of travel costs and associated expenses (including airfare, ground transportation, meals, and related out-of-pocket expenses), EXCEPT for lodging and tax. If the event is being held at a hotel, we request that the Client reserve, for late arrival, a king non-smoking room at the event hotel for Merge, with confirmation forwarded to our office. If the event is not being held at a hotel, we will make a reservation at a business-class hotel within the close vicinity of the event. In either situation, Merge will make payment to the hotel upon checkout, and invoice the Client for the amount.
By pre-agreement only for overseas and occasional other engagements, expenses are charged to the Client over and above the speaking fee. In these situations, reasonable and customary travel expenses are billed after the engagement, including airfare, ground transportation, and lodging expenses. Merge travels either from Calgary AB or Victoria BC and books economy class for air travel within continental North America, and business class for overseas air travel. All air and ground travel for Merge is arranged by our office.