Having Difficult Conversations With Your Employees and Co-workers
Whether it’s addressing an employee’s tardiness, confronting a backstabbing peer, breaking bad news to the boss, asking for a deadline extension, or having the dreaded “body odour” chat, these conversations are anything but easy. In fact, if you’re like most people, you probably lose sleep for several nights just thinking about it, and the very notion of having these discussions causes you to break out in a cold sweat!
Difficult conversations are just that – difficult – yet if you want to maintain a positive and productive workplace (and your sanity), then you must find a direct and respectful way to bring up these issues so that they result in the desired outcome, and don’t deteriorate into anger, resentment or hard feelings. If you’ve ever found yourself in such a situation, and struggled with saying the right thing, then Merge can help. In one power-packed hour, you’ll get right to what you need to know – the what, the when and the how of these difficult conversations!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why you should tackle the issue directly (instead of hoping that it will go away)
- The four key factors to take into account when determining how to address a difficult issue with employee or co-worker
- One easy language tool to ensure that your tone is empathetic and respectful, yet direct and assertive
- The definitive five steps to incorporate into your conversation so that you adequately and directly deal with the issue at hand
- How to respond to anger with equanimity
- Why determination and resolve are critical to a successful outcome
- Specific real-life examples of difficult conversations
You’ll also receive these bonuses …
- A quick-fire Q&A session covering some of the most common real-life questions asked by leaders just like you. A leader herself for over 14 years at one of the world’s most recognized corporations, Merge offers real-world expert advice that comes from first-hand experience.
- A short note-taking outline that you can use to capture your key takeaways from this program. The link to download and print will be provided after purchase.
Act now, you’ll be glad you did!
Difficult conversations are just that, but they’re not impossible! By investing just one hour of your time, you could be using the practical information in this insightful and invaluable program tomorrow! Act now, and you could be conducting your next conversation with tenacity, courage and above all … confidence. You’ll be glad that you did!
Running time: approximately 60 minutes
Format: downloadable MP3