Lead Smart – How to Avoid the Most Common First-time Leader Mistakes
Congratulations, you’ve finally got that promotion to supervisor or manager! But … one thing you might not know or realize is … all the skills that served you well as an employee are the exact same ones that are likely to cause you to fail as a leader!
Let me explain … it’s likely that you were promoted for your excellent track record in getting things done. However as a leader, you’re now going to be measured on how well you can get your team to get things done, and that’s a whole new different ball game! In order to avoid falling into the traps, you simply have to hit the ground running. This content-rich program will give you exactly what you need to gain the knowledge, skills and confidence you need in order to become an exceptional leader, fast!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The single essential mental shift you MUST make in order to be successful as a leader
- The eight (or more) most common traps leaders blindly fall into that set them on the path to failure
- Specific and proven leadership tools that you can use to put you firmly on the road to early success
- Top tips on finding the difficult balance between over- and under-supervising
- Practical steps to overcome the challenges associated with managing people who were previously your peers
- Real-life examples of what successful leaders have done to create high-performing cohesive teams
Plus get these bonuses:
- A quick-fire Q&A session covering some of the most common real-life questions asked by leaders just like you. A leader herself for over 14 years at one of the world’s most recognized corporations, Merge offers real-world expert advice that comes from first-hand experience.
- A short note-taking outline that you can use to capture your key takeaways from this program. The link to download and print will be provided after purchase.
Knowing what major mistakes to watch for can make the difference between being respected and admired by your staff or losing their cooperation and trust. Don’t put yourself at a disadvantage when you have the tools to succeed at your fingertips. By investing just a few minutes in yourself, you can set yourself up for future leadership success. So act now!
Running time: approximately 60 minutes
Format: downloadable MP3