Making the Transition from a Technical to a Leadership Role
We’ve all seen it happen – someone who’s very strong technically and analytically gets promoted to management. But just because they’re strong in task management doesn’t mean that they are any good in people management; in fact, when it comes to being a supervisor, they just plain suck!
See … no one told them that their success in leadership depended on one key factor: recognizing that a fundamental occupational change occurred when they moved from “doing” to “leading”. All the skills that led to accomplishments in their past jobs are no longer the skills that will lead to future success. As a leader, your future achievements now depend upon how well you can get things done through others. And that’s a whole different ball game!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The HUGE difference between a technical and a leadership role
- Seven vital aspects of occupational change that you must take into account to be a successful leader
- Five specific tools and techniques that will let you hit the ground running in your new role
- Compelling reasons to take action promptly and decisively
Plus get these valuable extras:
- A quick-fire Q&A session covering some of the most common real-life questions asked by leaders just like you. A leader herself for over 14 years at one of the world’s most recognized corporations, Merge offers real-world expert advice that comes from first-hand experience.
- A short note-taking outline that you can use to capture your key takeaways from this program. The link to download and print will be provided after purchase.
Take control of your destiny today!
Your promotion is only the start of your journey as a leader. Get off on the right foot and in the right direction with amazingly useful and practical program. Your future success as a leader depends on it!
Running time: approximately 60 minutes
Format: downloadable MP3