Managing Employees with Lousy Performances, Unacceptable Behavior or Rotten Attitudes
Problem employees – every workplace has at least one, right?! While they may only be a small percentage of your team, they can be larger than life in terms of the pain and angst they cause. A single bad apple can not only destroy productivity and team morale, but can also take up an inordinate amount of your time and mental space. Let’s face it, you have a million and one things to get done in a day, and the effort and energy it takes to deal with a problem employee just leaves you less time to invest in the motivated and cooperative members of your team. It’s time to learn how to take control of this difficult leadership challenge!
Join Merge for a fast-paced and content-rich hour in which you’ll learn, for once and for all, the definitive process and specific techniques to deal with poor performance, unacceptable behavior and terrible workplace attitudes. We’re not talking elevated philosophies and sophisticated theories either; just realistic and concrete steps that you can take right away to get back control of the situation and make real positive progress with your problem employees.
Want to find out more? Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The four reasons employees don’t do what they’re supposed to do
- Three key steps to nailing down the performance problem – if you can’t verbalize it, then your employee can’t act on it!
- The path to termination – the four steps in progressive discipline
- Exactly how to deal with a problem employee using a clear, concise, easy-to-use flow chart
- Why it’s critical to differentiate between performance, behavior and attitude problems
- Specific things to say and do when giving employees feedback – the difference between what works and what doesn’t!
- What to do and say when an employee becomes defensive
- Tips for (relatively) painless documentation
Plus get these bonuses:
- A quick-fire Q&A session covering some of the most common real-life questions asked by leaders just like you. A leader herself for over 14 years at one of the world’s most recognized corporations, Merge offers real-world expert advice that comes from first-hand experience.
- A short note-taking outline that you can use to capture your key takeaways from this program. The link to download and print will be provided after purchase.
Take back control today!
You really need to do something about your problem employee before the situation escalates, or even worse, before it begins to negatively affect the other members of your team. An investment of one hour will get you there. So act now and take back control of your problem employee and situation today!
Running time: approximately 60 minutes
Format: downloadable MP3