The “Let’s Not Kill The Messenger” Manual – The leader’s guide to communicating unpopular decisions and changes
Let’s face it, nobody likes delivering unpopular news. However, the reality is that if you’re in a position of leadership, it comes with the territory. It’s your responsibility to make tough decisions, but you certainly don’t want to alienate your team. Sometimes it can feel like a “no-win” situation. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
What if you knew exactly how to communicate unpopular news in a way that employees were more likely to “buy-in”, or at least their negative responses were minimized? It is possible. In this information-packed audio, I’ll show you exactly how to implement change while you:
- Maintain credibility
- Minimize and deal with negative responses
- Create better work relationships, and …
- Be the boss that your team can trust
Once you understand these techniques, they become very powerful tools in your leadership toolkit. Tools that you can use for any future change initiative, so that you will always be the boss and leader that your employees can admire and trust.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Six proven strategies to deal with the negative responses
- Six invaluable techniques to formulate and deliver your message so that your employees can see your honesty and openness
- The one critical factor that allows you to maintain credibility with your staff when the going gets tough.
- How to rise above your own conflicting emotions – it’s hard to support or implement a decision if you don’t buy into it yourself!
- The change response model, and why people react the way they do when they are faced with bad news
- A quick-fire Q&A session covering some of the most common real-life questions asked by leaders just like you. A leader herself for over 14 years at one of the world’s most recognized corporations, Merge offers real-world expert advice that comes from first-hand experience.
- A short note-taking outline that you can use to capture your key takeaways from this program. The link to download and print will be provided after purchase.
Communicating unpopular decisions and changes is a key part of being a leader, so you really need to know how to do it well. With this program, you could be well on your way to learning these vital skills within the next ten minutes. So act now!
Running time: approximately 60 minutes
Format: downloadable MP3