Breaking communication habits that are hampering your success
There aren’t many things you can do that will hurt your professional and leadership success more than being an ineffective communicator. Face it, if you‚Äôre not communicating clearly and confidently, your misunderstood messages will leave those around you confused and frustrated, ultimately resulting in wasted resources and damaged relationships. And unfortunately, the odds are high that you’re committing some of the cardinal sins of communication without even realizing it. But it’s not your fault! Bad habits take years to build, and if you’ve never realized that you’re sabotaging your own success, then you’ve had no reason to make any changes. Most communication training focuses on telling you what you SHOULD do, but doesn‚Äôt pinpoint what you should STOP doing at the same time. Which means that all your efforts to create positive change are thwarted by existing bad habits that you simply don’t know you need to get rid of first. Not anymore! This online program will help you recognize AND eliminate the most common blunders you‚Äôre making, turning you into a better communicator and improving your leadership effectiveness almost immediately. Don‚Äôt risk your leadership success because of communication mistakes ‚Äď learn what the traps are AND how to avoid them.
Here‚Äôs what you‚Äôll learn
- The unintentional ways in which you send mixed messages
- Why passive language is less powerful than active
- How negative phrasing is less compelling than positive
- Four phrases that have no place in your business vocabulary
- Why listening is the cornerstone of effective leadership
- A simple five-step approach to make sure that your message is heard and acted upon
- Why “losing your cool” is a losing proposition (and specific steps on how to stay calm when the temperature is rising)
- The most common blunders in email communication (and how to avoid them)
Plus even more:
- Two question periods during the program that cover some of the most common real-life questions asked by leaders just like you. A leader herself for over 14 years at one of the world‚Äôs most recognized corporations, Merge offers real-world expert advice that comes from first-hand experience.
- A short note-taking outline that you can use to capture your key takeaways from this program. The link to download and print will be provided after purchase.
Running time: approximately 60 minutes
Format: online video