Let’s face it … unless you work in a vacuum, you have to count on others to get things done. And sometimes that’s easier said than done! It doesn’t matter if it’s the demanding boss, the caustic customer, the timid team-member, the agreeable assistant, the cooperating client, the exasperating employee, or just the plain ol’ irritating individual; you are going to have to work with all of them at one point or another. Emotional intelligence (or EQ) is your ability to understand your own emotions and those of others, and to act appropriately using these emotions. And it’s a fact – people with higher levels of EQ consistently have greater success in working with others. They’re more resilient and adaptable when things go wrong, and as a result, they’re held in the highest regard by their bosses, co-workers, employees and others. Indeed, studies show that your EQ is a better predictor of your professional success than either your IQ or your technical skills.
So how’s your EQ? What are you doing to develop and harness the power of these proven performance tools? Let me help you. Join me for a fast-paced and content-rich hour in which you’ll learn not only what exactly EQ is, but perhaps more importantly, specific and practical tools to work more effectively with all types of people in all types of situations.
Reduce or even eliminate the stress and frustration that often comes from working with others! The skills you learn here will make a profound difference in your career – and your life! Here’s just some of what you’ll learn:
- How strengthening your emotional intelligence is vital to your success AND will have a lasting, positive effect on you … your team … your department … and your organization
- The five main components of emotional intelligence, what they mean, and why they matter
- How to manage your anxieties and self-doubts as a leader
- Strategies to keep your emotions in check, no matter how tense the situation
- How to evaluate and respond to criticism using the simple (yet powerful) “window” model
- Powerful language tools to demonstrate empathy and active listening
- Proven techniques to use emotional intelligence to motivate and inspire cohesive teams
- Specific approaches to influence others and build consensus using emotional intelligence
Join me on May 11, 2011 at 11 AM MDT. Early bird pricing in effect ONLY until this Wednesday May 4!