Offering expert insights and recommendations for your people-related issues and projects
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- You are committed to giving your managers ongoing leadership development but you don’t want to just randomly send them on courses; you want to take an organized and methodical approach.
- You’ve been hand-picking your university and college recruits but you can’t seem to keep them for longer than a year, two at the most. Something is wrong, but you don’t know what.
- You have just acquired a small firm that adds greatly to the depth and breadth of services that your company offers, but you already realize that your two organizations have very different cultures, so it’s important to integrate philosophies and values in a way that keeps the best of both.
- The results of the last employee survey have been weighing heavily on your mind and you know you need to take swift action on several of the areas that received poor scores.
- There have been recent quality breakdowns in your manufacturing process and you believe that these stem primarily from incomplete or inappropriate training. You know something needs to be done … and quickly!
- The “performance management system” that was implemented last year isn’t accomplishing what it’s supposed to, and so it’s time to assess and redirect effort and resources as appropriate.
If these scenarios sound familiar, it’s because they are! This is an age-old problem – several people-related projects and issues on the to-do list, but lack of time and resources means that they simply don’t get done on a timely basis. This is where Merge can help! Whether you’re looking for specific insights and recommendations on how to engage your workforce; or an outside knowledgeable perspective on why your employees are complaining about poor communication in the annual employee survey; or a new recruitment strategy to better fit today’s demographics; Merge can get you moving forward and towards your objectives. If your project or issue is in any way related to developing your leaders or capitalizing on your human potential then Merge can probably add value to your efforts.
“If you need help in creating synergy in your organization, we recommend Merge! We chose her because of her vast experience working with various industries but we loved her because of her contagious enthusiasm and willingness to include audience participation.”
— Events Manager
LabX Media Group
Now keep in mind though …
Working with Merge is nothing like working with the big Human Resource consulting firms! Even though Merge has consulted to some of the Big Seven firms in the HR consulting world, working with her is a completely different experience. If you’re expecting a team of fresh-faced eager rookie consultants to descend upon your company with laptops and lists of questions, fully prepared to compile spreadsheets and pie-charts, then you’re going to be disappointed because Merge does things differently. What she really gives you are alternate perspectives – drawing upon her broad range of experience with over 250 different clients in a wide variety of industry segments in the corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors, Merge gets things done in a much more understated and low-key manner. Through interviews with key people, conversations that ask tough questions, and viewpoints that offer vital insights, Merge will give you a skilled professional evaluation and recommendations from an external standpoint. And the “external standpoint” is important; because Merge has no protective or territorial interest in past decisions, she can offer advice that is unencumbered by the natural defensive emotions that often exist within organizations.
If you’re still not sure whether Merge is the right consultant for you, give a quick read to some of our Case studies. Look specifically at the ones under Consulting and Facilitation.
Or contact us to set up a time to talk with Merge about your specific situation and needs. In a 30-minute telephone call, Merge will let you know whether (and how) she can add value to what you have in mind. Occasionally, Merge won’t be the right person for your project, but she’ll tell you that as well! And she’ll do her best to point you in the right direction to get what you need to get the job done.