Don’t Back Down – Dealing with bullies in the workplace
Bullying in the workplace comes at a financial cost – lower productivity, decreased employee morale, and higher absenteeism and staff turnover. Add to that increased costs associated with injuries and illness, short- and long-term disability leaves, and potential legal action, and you have a workplace issue that should be front and centre on every supervisor’s radar screen. But this isn’t just a manager’s concern; if you’re a victim of bullying, then you know first-hand, the negative impact this has on your mental and physical health. But taking action is easier said than done, particularly if the bully is your boss! Whether you’re a victim of bullying or the manager of a team where it might be happening, this program will give you exactly what you need – what to watch for, what to do, and what to say – to create a respectful work environment where you, your co-workers and your employees want to work and excel. Learn how to put a permanent stop to the bullying, as someone at the receiving end, or as a leader who has to deal with a complaint.
Here's What You'll Learn
- The key warning signs and symptoms of bullying, whether it's you or your staff
- How bullying is different from supervising or managing
- The different forms that bullying can take in the workplace
- Why leaders need to be alert to bullying and take action as needed
- Your choices when you work with a bully – yes, you have alternatives!
- What should you do if you're the victim – concrete assertive actions you can take to bring the bully out in the open
- What should you do if you're the boss – specific actions you can take to eliminate bullying and create a respectful workplace
- And what if the bully IS your boss – how to approach the situation without losing your job
Plus Even More:
- Two question periods during the program that cover some of the most common real-life questions asked by leaders just like you. A leader herself for over 14 years at one of the world’s most recognized corporations, Merge offers real-world expert advice that comes from first-hand experience.
- A short note-taking outline that you can use to capture your key takeaways from this program. The link to download and print will be provided after purchase.
Running time: approximately 60 minutes
Format: online video